Updated on February 9, 2021
Course Selections for 2021-2022 School Year
- Course selections for next year will open on February 12th.
- You will complete course selections by logging into your eLearning account and looking for the Career Cruising widget (see below).
- Once you lock your selections you cannot make changes, so do not lock until Feburary 17th.
- A narrated version of the normal grade assemblies has been posted on this page and in each Guidance Google Classroom. It is lengthy but students (and parents) are encouraged to review this Presentation in order to effectively choose courses for next year.
- Students are encouraged to take time to carefully consider their options and future plans. They should talk to their parent / guardian as well as their Guidance Teacher should they have questions.
- All students will choose their courses as part of their afternoon class on Wednesday, February 17th. Guidance Teachers will be available virtually to assist with questions.
- Guidance will also be setting up some virtual drop in sessions before this time to answer questions. These have been posted in each Guidance Google Classroom and are running on February 11, 12, and 16. We are also having Grade Q&A sessions available through your classroom teacher on Feb 10, 11, and 16.
- Course choices will be automatically locked in at midnight on FEBRUARY 17TH, 2021. You will not be able to add courses or make changes after this time. Students must complete their course selections by the end of the day of February 17th. Please note that by hitting the SUBMIT button, students are agreeing that they have reviewed their course selections with their parents and have been given permission to submit.
- DO NOT PANIC if you are not 100% certain of your course selections, you will have an opportunity around mid-term to review your choices and ask Guidance to make any changes.
- If you have questions you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for a virtual appointment. We won’t have time to meet with all students before the deadline, and we don’t need to! There is lots of time for you to review your courses and we have a couple of months to fix any concerns. We are required to have a general number in the system by February 17 but changes are expected.
Please make sure you are a member of the Guidance Google Classroom for your grade.
The Course Descriptions by Discipline below have already been updated with current course offerings; you can review these at any time.
These are the Slideshow and Presentation that were shared in the Guidance Google Classrooms.
Students will be viewing the Presentation in their classes between February 10 & 16.
Westlane Course Selections 2021-2022 Slideshow
This is a copy of the Presentation below, without the voiceover, just the slides.
Westlane Course Selections 2021-2022 Presentation
This includes a voiceover that provides an explanation of all course offerings, pathways, pre-requisites, and how to choose your courses.
Course Descriptions by Discipline
(hyperlinks to each department's offerings)
Not sure what courses to take? Do you want to learn more about your learning style, career options or post-secondary institutions?
Look for the Career Cruising widget within eLearning using the link:
Community Education Links
Looking for Night School, Summer Programming or e-Learning info? Check out the links below to see what the DSBN offers. Please see a Guidance Counsellor if you are interested in signing up.
Programs and Services offered at DSBN